Saving Our Planet Data Protection Policy – GDPR
1. Information we collect:
We may collect personally identifiable information about you such as your full name, phone number and email address when you register to receive information from us or decide to support one of our activities such as a petition or a survey. If you donate to help support our cause, or sign up to become a member, we will collect the date of your transaction, and the amount. If you agree to become a volunteer, we may record your skills, the actions you help with and the amount of time you dedicate to these tasks.
2. How we use your information:
- Personally identifiable data
We will send you mailings regarding information we believe you may find of interest, and reply to any queries you may send us. If you donate money or subscribe to become a member via our online forms, we never retain your credit card information. We use the Stripe payment processor which is fully PCI compliant. Your credit card details are “tokenised” (heavily encrypted) and sent to Stripe. They only exist for about five seconds and then disappear.
- Non-personally identifiable data
We do not collect data of this type.
3. How we share your information:
- We do not sell nor share your data.
4. Storage and processing you data
- Depending on the origin of the data, it’s either stored in our email processors, or in our SalesForce system. On SalesForce, we have two tier authorisation, and each user has access only to specific functionality directly related to their tasks.
5. How we protect your data.
- Data is protected by the tools we use as described above.
- In the event that any of these commitments and procedures change in a significant way, we’ll advise you, and offer the possibility of deleting your data or continuing as previously.
- For EU contacts, Saving Our Planet complies with the EU Data Directive 95/46/EC framework as set fourth by the European Union regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland.